The good news is that my toe is actually not broken. Jammed pretty good but less than a week later it only slightly hurts when I bend it-so definitely not broken. I was actually able to run/walk in a 5K on Sunday which I may or may not ever do again. A group of friends talked me into it and with no training in 9 inches of snow I finished in 39 minutes. Nothing to brag about and I haven't been this sore since high school volleyball my senior year. There was a lot irony in the fact that the run was for arthritis that made me feel like I had it the next day. I told someone as we started that if I was going to do something that I hated so much, like running, it was a good thing we had 9 inches of snow to cheer me up about it. Also I was wearing a sweet elf outfit. Check out Facebook for the pictures.
Yes, I may have already mentioned it once or twice but it snowed on Friday night and Saturday. Enough that we probably would have had a snow day if it was a school night. I think the Champaign totals were between 7-9 inches and it was BEAUTIFUL! I didn't have anywhere to go so I stayed in and watched it turn CU into a winter wonderland. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!
Currently, I am sitting in a Hilton hotel at the Illinois Conference for Kindergarten Teachers. Day 1 was good with new ideas and fun presenters. Hopefully, tomorrow is as good and then there will only be 3 days left and 2 weeks before Christmas break. I'm a little bit relieved to be away from the classroom for a few days but dubious of how the kids will be with a sub. The sub I thought I was going to have was really good but I found out today that they shuffled people this morning and she didn't end up in my room. I'm not really sure what this means but hopefully not terrible things. The only email I got about the day was that I picked a good day to be away because my brand new geothermal unit is not working and is quite possibly blowing out cold air. The secretary wanted to know where my lunch tickets were because she didn't want to have to be in my room for more than a few minutes looking for them. She guessed it to be about 50 in there. Maybe everybody was spending so much time shaking and being frozen that they didn't have any extra energy to misbehave. Hehe. (My evil plan has unfolded perfectly! Just kidding but it would have been brilliant if I had done it on purpose.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment