We had our first snow day of 2010-2011 today, and while it seems like a little bit of a waste so close to Christmas break, I've surely enjoyed it anyway. I finished most of my Christmas cards, caught up on TV and sleep, and crossed off a few Christmas presents from the list. The weather was just downright nasty last night with whiteout conditions and 35 mph winds causing -15 degree temperatures. Even the town schools cancelled last night before 8 so you know how bad it must have been. Today is sunny, windy, and cold but the roads are being cleared and I'm sure we'll go back to school tomorrow. 7 more days until break!
The second day of the conference was a good one. I did spend some money on books and knick knacks but with the school covering the cost of the conference I had some cash burning a whole in my pocket. When I got back, the heat in my room was not fixed. They tried to fix it on Wednesday but the piece they had was also broken so they had to order a new one. We had class in the cafeteria, computer lab, library, and finally the social workers room on Thursday and Friday. The workers said they would be back to fix it on Friday but were a no show by 4 o'clock. I seriously hope they were able to fix it Saturday because I consider it a distinct possibility that the pipes for the bathroom could have frozen last night and today if it wasn't fixed. I guess I'll find out tomorrow. It was quite the week being displaced from our usual classroom and unfortunately a wasted one academically. At this point, I'm just anxious to get to break and then start over in January. I plan on pretty much treating it like Day 1. I think it's the best mindset to have and the best way to get the class back on track. It's been a rough 2 months of challenging behaviors, a rushed schedule, and uncertain expectations for the end of the quarter grades. I think the time off will do everyone some good to refocus and reconnect to what is important. More on this later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment