Yesterday, I got a letter in the mail from the school with the title "Lead Paint Update." You know this can't be good. It was the most ridiculously formal letter I have ever seen to say so little. In short, it says that during construction they discovered that the classrooms have lead paint in them. After testing, it was found that they "contained lead in amounts exceeding the allowable limits under applicable law." They have a plan, but they aren't telling us what it is. It briefly mentions that they are working on getting the "required elements in place so that the ROE can issue a Permit to Occupy." Read between the lines and you realize no one is being allowed inside until it's been abated. Which also means those ceilings and light fixtures they were supposed to be finishing isn't being finished. Did I mention they were supposed to be done in 17 days??
On the positive side things, I actually started sorting through my files this week. I have 11 letters done in only 3 days. I've also watched an entire season of Friday Night Lights on Netflix instant view. I highly recommend it. It will make you pumped for football even if you are going to be cheering on a team with a less than stellar record of recent success. Have a mentioned I have season tickets??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment