Sunrise: Still beautiful but usually more restricted to the eastern sky.
Sunset: My personal preference. They tend to light up the entire sky with pink, orange, purple, and red.
The rest of the week has gone by rather slowly. We all seem to have forgotten what it is like to be at school for 5 days. They have been pretty long days without outside recess. We do movement CDs, relays, and exercises in the gym to get a little bit of the wiggles out but there's only so much we can do. They get VERY squirrelly by 1:30. I'm trying to keep everyone engaged by using the Smartboard, lots of energy on my part, and the threat of taking away snack. It works for a about 5 minutes. I think I need a few more ideas and gimmicks. Luckily, next week is only 4 days due to Martin Luther King Jr's birthday.
The end of the quarter is Wednesday so I'm also busy testing and assessing for 2nd quarter grades. It isn't hard but very time consuming. I'm fairly pleased with how well everyone is doing so far. I only have one student I am worried about and it's because she just started the week before Christmas break. She is where everyone else was in September which unfortunately is 4 months behind. I think she has the ability to catch up, but it will take some extra work.
In life news, BETHANY IS ENGAGED! YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!!!!!! It happened last night and dates haven't been finalized yet but my last update was May 2011. She is coming back on Sunday for the semester and there will be much catching up to be done. Yeah for love and what is guaranteed to be a beautiful Southern Illinois wedding!
I love sunrise and sunset too. Mom always said getting up with the sun was getting up with The Son because of the beauty of creation. Later the day gets filled with busy-ness.
ReplyDelete