I'm finally counting down since it's single digits, and I honestly can't believe the end is so close. Time sure flies when you're having fun!
This week, we practiced the schedule for next year, and it's gone as smoothly as it could. The biggest difference for the kids is that lunch is almost 45 later than before. Therefore, they start whining at about 10 that they're hungry but don't get to eat until 11:30. I'm definitely going to like the later lunch next year because it gives up more productivity in the AM. The transitions around lunch feel very rushed, but I think that will subside after we get used to it. The biggest kink was having recess before lunch but after 2 days everyone unanimously voted to switch it back to lunch then recess. Everything just runs a little smoother. We are also doing 30 minutes of intervention time where we have split all the kindergarteners into 6 groups and every teacher plus TItle teachers take a group. Next year, we're going to target weak areas that the kids have but now we're just playing games and having fun. It's going to be great for the kids next year and I'm enjoying the break from having only my own. (Can you tell I'm ready for a new batch?)
Otherwise, I'm busy packing up the room and trying to keep everything just under control for the last few days. Tomorrow was supposed to be Fun Day with inflatables and games at the youth center but due to inclement rainy weather, we have changed it to Monday. I'm not looking forward to throwing together plans for tomorrow but that means next week will only be 3 days of being in the classroom. Yeah for Fun Day and Field Trips!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment