Saturday, April 10, 2010

There's a Hole in My Roof

Err, ceiling. It's the truth! I wouldn't spoof. It was knocked there for a man with diseases and they lowered him down to Jesus . . . Oh wait, that's not quite right. Maybe it was an electrician and the only thing they did was lower down non-working electrical outlets. : ) (This was an old puppets song from high school. Great memories but completely confusing if you weren't there.)




This is what I found upon getting to school on Monday. Large holes, some dust, and 2 outlet boxes that don't work. Not too bad and they didn't move that much of my stuff so I was lucky. Others weren't so fortunate. This is only the beginning of our construction adventure but I think there will be a reprieve before anything else happens inside. I don't really know much about geothermal but this week and last they dug 16 wells outside and one of the students announced that it was a new water park! Everyone is very excited. I'll let you know how that turns out. The other funny thing about the holes in the ceiling is that now the sound travels from classroom to classroom better. So, when I'm sitting in my room alone during plan time, I can here the teacher and class across the hall like they are IN my room. Took me 4 days to figure out why they were suddenly so much louder but it's definitely because the sound is traveling up through ceiling and down into my room. Makes me wonder about what others are hearing coming from my room . . .

Everyone came back from break healthy and raring to go. It's was a good week getting back in the saddle and settled down for the home stretch. Not much exciting or eventful but that is probably a good thing. One crazy thing was said to me though. Are you ready? Probably not. Let's all for a minute remember that I am a kindergarten teacher and my students are 5-6-7. Okay? Go.

Student: I'm going to go to my baby daddy's house tonight.
Me: Do I even want to know if you know who that is?
Student: It's my boyfriend. My baby daddy. Hehehe.

And then on and on about her baby daddy. She thought it was a pretty funny thing to say so I'm not so sure that there was truth in it as much as there was silliness for her, but still. Take advantage of the innocent children in your lives. You are fortunate to know them .

1 comment:

  1. Checkrow puppet music, Dr Seuss?? Could be either. Good news that all were happy and healthy this week. I wonder if your little girl's mom is expecting a baby....hence visiting the "baby daddy's" house???? Ya just never know what they're thinking and how it will come out!!

    ReplyDelete